ESA 2021 ANNUAL MEETING
SPONSOR AND ADVERTISER RULES & REGULATIONS
It is understood and agreed that the following Rules and Regulations are accepted as a contract between the Ecological Society of America (ESA) and the sponsor or advertiser (Sponsor) for the virtual 2021 ESA Annual Meeting August 2–6, 2021.
- RESPONSIBILITY AGREEMENT:
Sponsor assumes entire responsibility and hereby agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless ESA, the affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees and partners of each (Indemnified Parties) against all claims, losses, and damages, including negligence, to persons or property, governmental charges, or fines and attorney fees arising out of or caused by Sponsor’s occupancy, or use of the virtual sponsor premises. In addition, Sponsor acknowledges that the Indemnified Parties do not maintain insurance covering Sponsor and that it is the sole responsibility of the Sponsor to obtain insurance. Sponsor has read and agrees to abide by all requirements, restrictions, and obligations set forth herein and the policies governing sponsors and those which may be set forth in the future by ESA in connection with the ESA Annual Meeting. Sponsor further acknowledges that ESA reserves the right to reject, at its discretion, any request to sponsor or advertise.
ESA neither warrants nor endorses any of the products promoted or advertised. Sponsor shall indemnify and hold ESA harmless for any and all costs, including reasonable attorney fees, associated with the defense of any claim based upon a sponsor or advertiser product.
- TERMINATION OF SPONSORS:
In the event of any act beyond the control of ESA the sponsor contract may be terminated by ESA. Should such an event occur at any time before Monday, July 26, 2021, the Sponsor waives any and all damages and agrees that ESA may, after deducting all costs and expenses, discharge all claims and demand, and refund to each Sponsor a complete settlement of the total net receipts received by ESA from all Sponsors for virtual space at the meeting.
- PAYMENT FOR SPONSORS:
A minimum of 50% deposit is required upon contract signature. Payments by check, credit card or wire transfer must be received within 30 days. Balance due must be received within 45 days of contract signature or by Monday, July 26, 2021, the earlier. Sponsor space may not be set up or accepted before the balance due for the space is paid in full. The cost of sponsorships are outlined in the ESA Sponsorship and Advertising Prospectus.
Any Sponsor who cancels must notify the ESA Exhibit & Sponsor Manager in writing to email@example.com. Sponsors receive refunds as follows:
- 50% refund if notice of cancellation is received before June 15, 2021.
- 25% refund if notice of cancellation is received before July 15, 2021.
- No refund if notice of cancellation is received July 15, 2021 or after.
In addition, any Sponsor who fails to complete the information in their virtual space by 8 AM, Monday, July 26, 2021, all fees paid will be forfeited. Funds may be transferred to apply to a future meeting with approval on a case-by-case basis by ESA Exhibit & Sponsor Manager.
- GENERAL CONDUCT OF SPONSORS:
ESA expects sponsoring companies and organizations to adhere to the “Revised 2014 Guidelines for Display Rules and Regulations” as set forth by the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE). Below are those rules relevant to virtual sponsors.
- To assure responsiveness of the ESA Annual Meeting to the mutual interests of registrants, it is necessary that sponsor information be confined to those of an educational nature and to those featuring instruments, products, and services for use in science teaching or research, books, or other publications relevant to the disciplinary interests of participants.
- No Sponsor may show goods other than those manufactured or dealt in by the Sponsor in the regular course of business.
- Soliciting business, holding meetings to generate new business, and advertising are strictly prohibited EXCEPT by sponsoring companies and organizations.
- Sponsors are not prohibited from selling, taking orders, or soliciting sign ups or signatures. However, each Sponsor is responsible for complying with state and local tax regulations.
- All demonstrations and displays, distribution of literature, samples, and other advertising materials must be confined to the Sponsor’s own virtual space.
- Lotteries, raffles, or games of chance are strictly prohibited. Sponsors may collect attendee information, hold drawings, and offer small tokens to those visiting their virtual space.