In the interest of the health and safety of our attendees, ESA will once again transition its Annual Meeting to an all-virtual model. The meeting will still take place August 2-6, 2021, and provide an opportunity for you to join colleagues and leaders from across the field and around the world for five days of inspiration and community focused on your research and your career.
While we will miss seeing you in person, we are excited that the meeting will offer new opportunities to broaden participation and remove geographical barriers.
- Similarly to the 2020 virtual meeting, this year’s meeting will offer a combination of on-demand and live content.
- All individual presentations (talks and posters) will be uploaded in advance and made available to all registered meeting attendees starting one week before the meeting (Monday, July 26).
- Live meeting content will be scheduled Monday through Thursday. Traditional pre-meeting content (workshops and short courses) will talk place on Friday.
- Live discussions will be scheduled for all on-demand oral and poster sessions. These discussions will be 60 minutes long, twice as long as in 2020, and will include all contributed sessions for the first time. These live videos will be for general discussion, not giving presentations.
- Access to the meeting will be available to all registered meeting attendees for several months after the meeting’s conclusion.
Check your email for frequent updates about the virtual Annual Meeting. An announcement regarding applications for registration funding will be made soon. We will open registration for the Annual Meeting in May.
Thank you for advancing the science of ecology by presenting your research and participating in the ESA virtual Annual Meeting.