Career Opportunities at ESA
We are not currently accepting applications for staff positions. Thank you for your interest in ESA!
Frontiers Editorial Board
- Date: December, 2021
- Department: Publications
Member Engagement Associate
- Date: December 17, 2021
- Department: Member Services
- Interface with ESA’s members and scientists certified by ESA to provide key customer support
- Develop content for member communication and marketing
- Ensure data integrity and smooth operation of iMIS 20, our member management system
- Facilitate registration processes for the ESA Annual Meeting, and manage its on-site functions
- Work with IT to resolve customer-related technical issues
We seek a mature, confident and personable individual who seeks to bolster the reach of ecological science and support the professional development of ecologists by growing ESA and its programs and ensuring that all who reach out to the Society are provided excellent customer service.
- BA/BS degree
- 2-3 years of work experience, ideally with a nonprofit membership organization
- Experienced and savvy with full Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for numerical and written accuracy
- Working knowledge of major association management software; ideally iMIS 20
- Team player who enjoys collaborating with colleagues and possesses strong interpersonal skills in dealing with our diverse membership
- Strong time-management and organizational skills; must be able to work under deadline pressure with a cool head
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Travel: less than 5% attendance at week-long ESA Annual Meeting in August is mandatory for this position; some regional meetings may require support as well
BIPOC AND LGBTQIA+ CANDIDATES STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. See the full description in the link above, then send a cover letter and resume to gro.asenull@semuser with the position description in the subject line. But don’t send boilerplate stuff: We want to see how you communicate and how you describe yourself. Your cover letter should say what it is you’re really about, why this particular job is for you (and why you’re for it) and connect some dots between your skills and what we need. And it doesn’t need to be long! Just tell a bit of a story about yourself.
Open Call for Editorial Board Members
- Date: September 2021
- Department: Publications
About the Ecological Society of America
Founded in 1915, ESA is the world’s largest community of professional ecologists and a trusted source of ecological knowledge, committed to advancing the understanding of life on Earth. The Society publishes five journals and a membership bulletin and broadly shares ecological information through policy, media outreach, and education initiatives.
ESA is an Equal Opportunity employer. We sincerely encourage individuals of all identities, experiences, and backgrounds to apply.