ESA hosts all manner of training, development and scientific events throughout the year, as a benefit to our members and to support the science of ecology. Of course the Annual Meeting is the crown jewel, but our offerings include everything from regular informational and working webinars to workshops in ecology education to hands-on training in the management of ecological resources. Members usually receive a significant discount, so join ESA today!
Changes in Schedule
We are closely monitoring the developing COVID-19 situation regarding these events. Please continue to visit this page for updates as to their status and changes to any upcoming events. ESA is fully committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all event participants.
- Katherine McCarter Graduate Student Policy Award, March 24-25, 2020 POSTPONED
- Workshop: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Socio-Environmental Synthesis Research A SESYNC-ESA Workshop, March 24-27, 2020 POSTPONED
- SEEDS Field Trip, Sevilleta Field Station, April 16-19, 2020 CANCELLED
- Critical Skills to Scale Up Ecology: An ESA SEEDS and NEON Workshop, June 1-5, 2020 POSTPONED
- Strategies for Success SBI Course, June 9-11, 2020 POSTPONED
These upcoming events are being planned on the presumption that they will be held with no changes to their operating status; should changes occur, they will be added to the above list and updated to reflect those changes.
- Board of Professional Certification Business Meeting, June 4, 2020 (virtual)
- ESA Annual Meeting, August 3-6, 2020
ESA will be holding a totally virtual Annual Meeting this year from August 3–6 in response to the pandemic. The virtual meeting will provide an opportunity for you to join colleagues and leaders from across the field for four days of inspiration and community focused on your research and your career as each of us looks ahead to the future. Please see this FAQ for more details.
- Creating a Successful Business Plan SBI Course, October 6-8, 2020 (virtual)
- ESA Mid-Atlantic Chapter Annual Meeting, October 16-18, 2020 (postponed from April 3-5)
- Life Discovery Conference, October 22-24, 2020