We are the nation’s largest community of professional ecologists
ESA is a community of 9,000 scientists, researchers, decision makers, policy managers, and educators who are dedicated to understanding life on earth. We are an advocate for ecology and a voice for ecologists. ESA strengthens connections within and outside our community to support your work and promotes ecological science. As our discipline expands its boundaries with new ideas, new experimental tools, and the recruitment of young scientists, we hope you will join us.
ESA now offers the convenience to automatically renew your membership on an annual basis. Please contact the ESA membership office for more information or complete the “Auto-Renewal” information using the online or print membership form.
Note: ESA membership is based on calendar year, which runs from January 1 to December 31.
Benefits of belonging to ESA include:
- RESEARCH: Online access to all 6 ESA publications.
- FRONTIERS IN ECOLOGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT: Monthly print copies and online access to this top-ranked journal.
- MEMBER DIRECTORY: Identify and collaborate with researchers and professionals in your area (log in required).
- ANNUAL MEETING: Attend the 2020 Annual Meeting in Salt Lake City at a reduced rate.
- ADVOCACY: We work with media to convey the value of ecological research results to the general public, as well as to garner federal support for ecological research.
- ENGAGEMENT: Advance your career through peer mentorship, education, and diversity initiatives.
- CHAPTERS-SECTIONS: Connect by topic through our 37 special interest groups or meet locally with a regional chapter. All members may join one chapter or section free as part of their annual membership dues; additional chapters or sections are $5 per. See the full list and more information.
- CERTIFICATION: Significantly lower application fees for ESA professional certification.
- IMPACT: Your membership in ESA supports the field of ecological science.
ESA now offers the convenience to automatically renew your membership on an annual basis. Please contact the ESA Membership for more information, or complete the “Auto-Renewal” information on the membership form.
2020 Regular Membership
$37 – copy of valid student ID card required by email to the ESA membership office. Please also inform us your anticipated degree (BA, MS, PhD, etc.) and anticipated degree year in the email.
$2,750 – Enjoy lifetime membership benefits offered through the Society. Chapter and section memberships must be renewed on an annual basis.
Complimentary and available to retired individuals who have been ESA members for at least 30 consecutive years. If you have recently retired and think you may be eligible for this category, please contact the ESA membership office to verify your eligibility. Chapter and section memberships must be renewed on an annual basis, which can be done online.
Cancellation and Refund Policy for Membership
Membership dues are non-refundable.
However, if you paid for a membership by mistake on our member portal, written request of refund with explanations must be emailed to the ESA membership office within 30 days from the date of your membership dues payment.