We are the world’s largest community of professional ecologists
ESA is a community of 9,000 scientists, researchers, decision-makers, policy managers, and educators who are dedicated to understanding life on earth. We are an advocate for ecology and a voice for ecologists. ESA strengthens connections within and outside our community to support your work and promotes ecological science. As our discipline expands its boundaries with new ideas, new experimental tools, and the recruitment of young scientists, we hope you will join us.
ESA now offers the convenience to automatically renew your membership on an annual basis. Please contact the ESA membership office for more information or complete the “Auto-Renewal” information using the online or print membership form.
Benefits of belonging to ESA include:
- RESEARCH: Online access to all six ESA publications, including:
- FRONTIERS IN ECOLOGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT: Monthly print copies and online access to this top-ranked journal.
- DEVELOPMENT: Advance your career through peer mentorship, education, and diversity initiatives.
- NETWORKING: As the world’s largest community of professional ecologists, you can connect with thousands of scientists, educators, practitioners and enthusiasts from all of the world through our:
- Member Directory: Identify and collaborate with researchers and professionals in your area (login required).
- Chapters and Sections: Every member may join one chapter or section for free as part of their annual membership, and can join additional ones for just $5 per (chapters and sections receive $5 per member per year to fund activity). A chapter is regionally based; a section represents a scientific discipline or other interest area.
- DISCOUNTS: ESA members enjoy substantial savings on everything from the Annual Meeting to professional certification and even to publishing (each journal has its own practices; see the author guidelines for each).
- ADVOCACY and IMPACT: We work with media to convey the value of ecological research results to the general public, as well as to garner federal support for ecological research.
2021 Regular Membership
Cancellation and Refund Policy for Membership
Membership dues are non-refundable. However, if you paid for a membership by mistake on our member portal, written request of refund with explanations must be emailed to the ESA membership office within 30 days from the date of your membership dues payment.