The ESA Water Cooler
During the COVID-19 pandemic, with so many ecologists, students, and supporters working remotely, ESA began providing virtual meeting space for members to connect . The ESA Water Cooler Chats are held with an easy informal style where we can see each other, talk about the science, work, and struggles or share resources. It’s like a radio talk show except you can interact live – online.
Bring your favorite beverage!
Interested in hosting one? Contact us at gro.asenull@noitacude
Check out the Resources shared in many of these WCCs.
- Expanding the ecological tent with environmental data science: A case study using the National Ecological Observatory Network.
October 21, 2022 @ 1:00 PM ET
- Safe and inclusive field research: How can the proposed new NSF supplementary doc help achieve this goal?
June 6, 2022 @ 4:00 PM ET
- Celebrating Asian-American Ecologists
May 4, 2022 @ 3:00 PM ET
- Leveraging local environments and cross-cutting themes to implement 4DEE
April 8, 2022 @ 4:00 PM ET
- Two-eyed Ecology in the Practice of TEK and Western Science: A Student Perspective
January 28, 2022 @ 4:00 PM ET
- COP26 Debrief
January 27, 2022 @ 11:00 AM ET
- Managing and Conserving Plant Biodiversity in the 21st Century
October 15, 2021 @ 4:00 PM EDT
- Ecological Education in Year 2 of the Pandemic: Lessons Learned and Applied
October 8, 2021 @ 4:00 PM EDT
- Wrangling Big Data for Natural Resource Projects
September 24, 2021 @ 4:00 PM EDT
- Bringing 4DEE to TIEE: A Case Study
June 4th, 2021 @ 4:00 PM EDT
- Active Learning, Lectures, and Student Outcomes in 4D
May 21, 2021
- How to Submit a Good Virtual Field Trip for #ESA2021
April 12, 2021
- New Concepts and Strategies for Charitable Gift Planning
April 6, 2021
- ESA Listening Session in support of Asian scientists
March 26, 2021
- 4DEE Water Cooler: Turning Field Exercises and Courses 4D
March 12, 2021
- Black Ecologists – Shaping the Science of Ecology
February 26, 2021
- How to Submit a Good Abstract for #ESA2021
February 17, 2o21, 10:00 AM ET
- What Is 4DEE And What Would You Like to Know About It?
February 5, 2o21
- Tips for Proposing a Workshop, Short Course, or Special Session for #ESA2021
January 5, 2021
- Environmental Justice in Ecological Research and Education
December 11, 2020 (recording available)
- Exploration of Modern Indigenous Knowledge and the Power of Indigenous and Western Science
November 13, 2020 (recording available)
- The Ins and Outs of Proposing a Session for #ESA2021
October 28, 2020
- Interdisciplinary Ecology in Practice
October 9, 2020
- Impactful and Adaptable: What Can the ESA Bulletin Do for You?
September 17, 2020
- Back to School – On Campus, Online, or Hybrid?
September 3, 2020
- Modeling the SARS-CoV-2 Outbreak: Challenges and Opportunities
July 17, 2020
- Building Hypotheses
June 26, 2020
- Teaching Science Communication
June 12, 2020
- Bringing Ecology Home
May 29, 2020
- Fostering Social Connections while Teaching Online
May 8, 2020
- The Role of Natural History in Ecology
May 1, 2020
- Connecting to Place – Virtually
April 24, 2020
- The Early Career Experience
April 21, 2020
- Countering Misinformation with Science Communication
April 17, 2020
- Assessing Student Online Learning during a Coronavirus pandemic
April 10, 2020
- What’s Your Favorite Virtual Field Trip?
April 3, 2020
- What Does “Field” Mean to You in a Coronavirus Spring?
March 27, 2020