The ESA Water Cooler
During the COVID-19 pandemic, with so many ecologists, students, and supporters working remotely, ESA will be providing virtual meeting space for members to connect with each other and talk about the science, their work, and items on their mind during this disruptive time. Bring your thoughts, your ideas, and your questions!
Host Your Own Chat
To learn more about hosting a chat or if you have ideas you would like to share, please fill out this form. We look forward to hearing your ideas!
Check back after the Summer for some more Water Cooler Chats!
Check out the Resources shared in many of these WCCs.
- Bringing 4DEE to TIEE: A Case Study
June 4th, 2021 @ 4:00 PM EDT
- Active Learning, Lectures, and Student Outcomes in 4D
May 21, 2021
- How to Submit a Good Virtual Field Trip for #ESA2021
April 12, 2021
- New Concepts and Strategies for Charitable Gift Planning
April 6, 2021
- ESA Listening Session in support of Asian scientists
March 26, 2021
- 4DEE Water Cooler: Turning Field Exercises and Courses 4D
March 12, 2021
- Black Ecologists – Shaping the Science of Ecology
February 26, 2021
- How to Submit a Good Abstract for #ESA2021
February 17, 2o21, 10:00 AM ET
- What Is 4DEE And What Would You Like to Know About It?
February 5, 2o21
- Tips for Proposing a Workshop, Short Course, or Special Session for #ESA2021
January 5, 2021
- Environmental Justice in Ecological Research and Education
December 11, 2020 (recording available)
- Exploration of Modern Indigenous Knowledge and the Power of Indigenous and Western Science
November 13, 2020 (recording available)
- The Ins and Outs of Proposing a Session for #ESA2021
October 28, 2020
- Interdisciplinary Ecology in Practice
October 9, 2020
- Impactful and Adaptable: What Can the ESA Bulletin Do for You?
September 17, 2020
- Back to School – On Campus, Online, or Hybrid?
September 3, 2020
- Modeling the SARS-CoV-2 Outbreak: Challenges and Opportunities
July 17, 2020
- Building Hypotheses
June 26, 2020
- Teaching Science Communication
June 12, 2020
- Bringing Ecology Home
May 29, 2020
- Fostering Social Connections while Teaching Online
May 8, 2020
- The Role of Natural History in Ecology
May 1, 2020
- Connecting to Place – Virtually
April 24, 2020
- The Early Career Experience
April 21, 2020
- Countering Misinformation with Science Communication
April 17, 2020
- Assessing Student Online Learning during a Coronavirus pandemic
April 10, 2020
- What’s Your Favorite Virtual Field Trip?
April 3, 2020
- What Does “Field” Mean to You in a Coronavirus Spring?
March 27, 2020