Important ESA Annual Meeting Update
All are required to have a valid passport that does not expire within six months of your trip. To find out if you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), complete the questionnaire on the Visit Canada page.
For US citizens traveling on an US passport (land, air, or sea) or an US passport card (land or sea) you are not required to have either a visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
COVID-19 Requirements to be able to enter Canada as of October 12, 2021:
- No sign or symptoms of COVID-19 (if you have symptoms of COVID-19, you will not be allowed into Canada).
- You must be fully vaccinated with an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca, and/or Johnson & Johnson). If you have recovered from COVID-19, you are still required to be full vaccinated.
- You have received your last dose at least 14 days prior to the day you enter Canada (ex: if your last dose was anytime on Wednesday September 1st, then Thursday, September 16th would be the first day that you meet the 14-day condition)
- You are required to upload your proof of vaccination into the ArriveCAN app within 72 hours before you travel.
- All travelers 5 years of age or older, regardless of citizenship or vaccination status, must have a negative COVID-19 molecular test result within 72 hours before arrival to Canada. Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted. If you do not have a valid test, you will not be allowed into Canada
- You must meet all other entry requirements (for example, current passport, visa, if required).
Please visit our meeting website for more information: https://www.esa.org/montreal2022/
SEEDS Graduate Alumni Travel Awards:
The SEEDS program offers Alumni Participation Awards to former SEEDS students who continued their education to a graduate degree and wish to attend the ESA Annual Meeting and serve as near peers in the support network for SEEDS undergraduate students.
The 107th ESA Annual Meeting – Change is Gonna Come will be held in Montreal, Canada from August 14-19, 2022.
Selected Graduate Students will receive:
- $1,000 travel award to attend the ESA Annual Meeting
- Mentoring experience with a group of undergraduate students
- Networking opportunities at SEEDS only events
- Give back to your SEEDS family!
- Participation in a past SEEDS event as an undergraduate (Field Trips, ESA Annual Meetings, Leadership Meetings or Fellowship)
- Attended a large science meeting, such as ESA.
- Completed or are currently enrolled in a graduate program in an institution within the United States
- Submitted a presentation for the ESA Annual Meeting – HERE. (deadline March 3, 2022 at 5PM ET)
- Must agree to follow all COVID meeting requirements
Participants are selected based on; potential for serving as a mentor or teacher, and demonstrated pursuit of a career in ecology and commitment to increasing opportunities for underrepresented students. Each selected SEEDS Alumni will be mentoring a group of undergraduate participants.
Preference will be given to students who:
- have experience mentoring
- demonstrate the pursuit of ecology (i.e. attending graduate school)
- plan to present research at the meeting
- exhibit promise in contributing to the ecology program at their home institution or in their community
- show promise as an educator or mentor.
Students that submit abstracts to present have a better chance of being selected for the award.
- Contact Information
- Academic Information
- Meeting presentations (oral or poster) information – you submit that directly with ESA, we just need the presentation code. *This is not a requirement to participate*
- Resume or CV (PDF preferred – add your name to the document title)
- An Essay (500 word max.)
Applications deadline is March 10, 2022