SEEDS Graduate Alumni Participation Awards:
The SEEDS program offers Alumni Participation Awards to former SEEDS students who continued their education to a graduate degree and wish to attend the ESA Annual Meeting and serve as near peers in the support network for SEEDS undergraduate students.
The 106th ESA Annual Meeting – Vital Connections in Ecology, will be held virtually from August 2-6, 2021.
- Participation in a past SEEDS event as an undergraduate (Field Trips, ESA Annual Meetings, Leadership Meetings or Fellowship)
- Attended a large science meeting, such as ESA.
- Completed or are currently enrolled in a graduate program in an institution within the United States
- Submitted a presentation for the ESA Annual Meeting
Participants are selected based on; potential for serving as a mentor or teacher, and demonstrated pursuit of a career in ecology and commitment to increasing opportunities for underrepresented students. Each selected SEEDS Alumni will be mentoring a group of undergraduate participants.
Preference will be given to students who:
- have experience mentoring
- demonstrate the pursuit of ecology (i.e. attending graduate school)
- plan to present research at the meeting
- exhibit promise in contributing to the ecology program at their home institution or in their community
- show promise as an educator or mentor.
Students that submit abstracts to present have a better chance of being selected for the award.
- Contact Information
- Academic Information
- Meeting presentations (oral or poster) information
- Resume or CV (PDF preferred – add your name to the document title)
- An Essay (500 word max.)
Applications deadline is June 3rd, 2021 at 5PM ET.