TEE Project Activities
Accepting applications to join a Faculty Mentoring Network now through November 27th, 2022!
Transforming Ecology Education to 4DEE (TEE) aims to host numerous activities over the next four years to achieve the overall TEE goals.
- Host a series of Faculty Mentoring Networks (FMNs) starting in Fall 2022 with varying topics to develop 4DEE-aligned education exemplars.
- Organize a virtual showcase of 4DEE-aligned resources from the initial FMNs.
- Support FMN participants to organize workshops at four or five selected conferences.
Faculty Mentoring Networks
Faculty Mentoring Networks (FMNs) provides a bridge between pedagogical theory and actionable classroom practice. TEE will bring small groups of nine faculty together to support the adaptation and subsequent implementation of the framework with a peer mentor. Participants of the FMNs will meet biweekly each semester over 12 weeks (six meetings over 3 months per semester). Participants are expected to share their adaptations by submitting their modules to Teaching Issues and Experiments in Ecology (TIEE) online journal.
FMN participants who complete the requirements and facilitators will be:
- Recognized as ESA Education Scholars
- Receive a stipend of $1,000
- Receive travel support upon publication of resources to present their work at selected conferences
- Participants and facilitators will also be offered a letter and a certificate of recognition from ESA
- Recognized as speakers at TEE events, thus nationally recognizing their efforts and perspectives
Upcoming TEE Faculty Mentoring Networks
- Spring 2023: Teaching Figure Sets in Ecology. Applications are now closed. Teaching Figures in Ecology FMN aims to work with educators to adapt published Figure Set education modules from the online education journal – Teaching Issues and Experiments in Ecology – to incorporate the 4DEE framework.
Past TEE Faculty Mentoring Networks
- Fall 2022: Biodiversity FMN. A joint initiative of ESA’s Transforming Ecology Education to 4D Project (TEE) and Biodiversity Literacy for Undergraduate Education (BLUE).
Sign-up Form to Stay Informed
If you are interested in learning more about upcoming TEE activities or would like us to reach out to you once we open the call for the Faculty Mentoring Network applications, please use the sign-up form below.