As we move toward a multidimensional approach to ecology education, the 4DEE Subcommittee welcomes your ideas and contributions that illustrate how to teach and assess and/or develop and implement programs using the 4DEE framework.
Please consider sharing exemplary lesson ideas, case studies, program outlines etc. through the EcoEd Digital Library. Instructions on how to submit your resources to the EcoEd Digital Library can be found here. To ensure that your resources are linked to the 4DEE, please use the following url: www.esa.org/4DEE/resources/ when entering your submission information into the EcoEd Digital Library.
Benefits to uploading your resources to the EcoEd DL
- All resources undergo the peer review process
- Resources will be assigned a unique DOI
- Add your publication to your resume or CV
- Published resources will be featured in 3 separate library portals (EcoEd DL, Plant DL, & EvoEd DL)
Other places to share your resources include
- Teaching Issues and Experiments in Ecology (TIEE)
- Life Discovery – Doing Science Education conference
- Resources for Ecology Education – Fair and Share (REEFS) at ESA meetings
- 4DEE Special Sessions at ESA meetings
Featured Resources and References
Annotated Syllabus for Field Botany at Wilkes University
This resource is a syllabus for a Field Botany course at Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre, PA. The course is offered during the summer of even-numbered years. The syllabus has been annotated to show how it addresses the four dimensions of the 4DEE framework.
Laverty JT, Underwood SM, Matz RL, Posey LA, Carmel JH, et al. (2016) Characterizing College Science Assessments: The Three-Dimensional Learning Assessment Protocol. PLOS ONE 11(9): e0162333. [PDF File] https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0162333
George Middendorf, Howard University