EXPLORING ECOLOGICAL CAREERS
These are a set of articles published in ESA’s Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment Journal.
We’re still looking for articles about ecological/environmental entrepreneurship, education, ecotourism, and science communication, and are open to hearing about other nontraditional ecological career paths outside of academia. All articles in the series are free to read. See the list below for what’s been published so far. Contact Sue Silver, email@example.com for more details or with pre-submission inquiries.
- Exploring Ecological Careers – a new Frontiers series
Kenneth Klemow, Gillian Bowser ,Carmen Cid ,George Middendorf , Teresa Mourad , Jeffrey Herrick.
First Published: 01 August 2017 https://doi.org/10.1002/fee.1508
- Museum careers – so much more than curating collections!
Margaret Lowman , W John Kress. First Published:01 September 2017 https://doi.org/10.1002/fee.1524
- Expect the unexpected: private‐sector careers
Emily Kunen, Kayla Kemp‐Smith. First Published:02 October 2017 https://doi.org/10.1002/fee.1535
- Breaking into science writing
Robin Smith, Julie Reynolds. First Published:01 November 2017 https://doi.org/10.1002/fee.1727
- An ecologist’s guide to careers in science policy advising
Laura E Petes, Marc D Meyer. First Published: 01 February 2018 https://doi.org/10.1002/fee.1761
- Careers in science diplomacy and international policy
Teresa M Stoepler, Gillian Bowser. First Published:01 March 2018 https://doi.org/10.1002/fee.1773
- It’s dirty, but it’s not dirt: scientists in state policy
Karen Morrison, Ilonka Zlatar. First Published:02 April 2018 https://doi.org/10.1002/fee.1787
- Ecological consulting as a career option
Bruce Byers. First Published:01 May 2018 https://doi.org/10.1002/fee.1800
- Opportunities in science editing
Pete Mooreside. First Published:01 June 2018 https://doi.org/10.1002/fee.1814
- Make a difference: ecology careers in federal agencies
Mari‐Vaughn V Johnson, Jeramie Strickland, Jeffrey E Herrick. First Published:01 August 2018 https://doi.org/10.1002/fee.1926
- Ecological consultants: serving on the front lines of species and ecosystem conservation
Tim Nuttle, Kenneth Klemow. First Published:30 August 2018 https://doi.org/10.1002/fee.1941
- Science and nature filmmaking: making a career of visual storytelling
Tierney Thys John Aitchison. First published: 01 October 2018 https://doi.org/10.1002/fee.1958