Outreach and Education
Frequently Asked Questions for NVC Users:
The Panel created a user-friendly list of answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the NVC. You can view the entire list of FAQs here, to learn find out the following, plus much more:
- What is the US National Vegetation Classification (USNVC)?
- What can the USNVC do, and what are its limits?
- Is the system comprehensive enough to use everywhere?
- Is the USNVC appropriate for mapping?
- How can I work with the USNVC when it’s not fully developed?
- How can the USNVC adapt to changing environments and community composition through time?
Panel members, in conjunction with staff from federal agencies, have helped to produce a general NVC Factsheet.
Publications about the NVC:
Panel Presentations and Talks:
Below is a selection of recent presentations given by Panel Members at various meetings:
Posters about Vegetation Classification and/or the NVC:
Archives from Panel Workshops: