In the past, the Theoretical Ecology Section sponsored symposia at the annual meetings of the Ecological Society of America. This page contains links to the programs and abstracts for these symposia. Although ESA Sections no longer officially sponsor symposia, we still encourage the submission of theory-related symposia topics to ESA and we can provide a letter of support for symposia submissions.
Symposia supported by the Theoretical Ecology Section:
- 2013 – None.
- 2012 – The Two Cultures of Statistics In Ecology: Prediction Vs. Explanation
- 2011 – Theory and Dynamics of Savanna Systems; AND The Ecological Consequences of Intraspecific Variation
- 2010 – All You Need to Know is… : Advice from Theorists on Managing Ecosystems in a Changing Climate
- 2009 – The Interplay of Ecology and Evolution at ‘Micro’ and ‘Macro’ Scales: Empirically-Motivated Theory
- 2008 – Transient Dynamics and its Implications for Ecological Theory
- 2007 – Ecological and economic theory in analyzing risk in biological invasions
- 2006 – The devil is in the detail: theory for empirical model systems
- 2005 – Bridging the gap between theory and empiricism in ecology
- 2004 – ???
- 2003 – Death of determinism? Noise in a nonlinear world
- 2002 – Paradigms Lost: Theory Change in Ecology
- 2001 – Spatial Control of Natural and Managed Systems: Theory and Applications
- 2000 – The Role of Theoretical Ecology in Biodiversity Conservation and Management
- 1999 – Explaining Large-Scale Ecological Patterns: Mysteries, Mechanisms and Musings
- 1998 – Seeking generality in ecology: current approaches
- 1997 – Building Empirically-Based Theory for Spatial Ecology: Tales from the Front Lines
- 1996 – Density Dependence for the 90’s: Nonlinearity in Models and Data
- 1995 – What Can Theoretical Ecology Do For Applied Ecology?
- 1994 – Ecological Economics: Building A New Paradigm For Sustainability
- 1993 – Ecological Theory: Its Character, Problems, and Remedies
Last updated on: November 16, 2018