ESA 2020 Annual Meeting
ESA 2020 Annual Meeting goes fully virtual!
Join us virtually from August 3rd to 6th, 2020
Click here for more info and to REGISTER for the meeting!
Here are some things to look forward to at this virtual meeting
- Plenaries followed by live Q&A with inspiring speakers
- Recorded scientific presentations with opportunities to participate in asynchronous Q&A
- Over 3,000 talks and posters available on demand (during and after the meeting dates)
- Important professional development opportunities in “Career Central” sessions
- A daily live panel on hot topics in ecology
- Virtual exhibits and live video networking sessions each day
Read the full statement from ESA here
ESA Student Section Events at the 2020 Annual Meeting
Monday, Aug 3rd at 12:30 PM – 1 PM EST
You’ve made it to Salt Lake, you’ve picked up your name badge, now what? The ESA annual meeting can be simultaneously terrifying and exhilarating for student attendees, especially when you don’t know anyone. The objective of this special session is to welcome students and to provide them with the tools they need to ensure their ESA experience is positive and productive. We will begin with a short presentation discussing:
- How the ESA annual meeting is structured (e.g., the different types of talks, poster
sessions, and social events)
- Strategies for identifying sessions most relevant to students’ scientific interests
- Sessions and events particularly of interest to students
- Effective and responsible uses of social media during the meeting
- Strategies for avoiding burnout by the end of the meeting
Monday, Aug 3rd at 1 PM – 1:30 PM EST
As students, we attend the ESA Annual Meeting to present our research, obtain feedback, and rub elbows with some pretty awesome, established ecologists. Critical to a productive meeting experience is networking with a wide range of people and forming relationships with other students from around the country. The purpose of this session is to provide practical tips on how to start and maintain conversations and then provide activities to get students working on their networking skills with each other. This session targets first time attendees, but the advice and discussion/networking opportunities are relevant to students at all levels and recent graduates in attendance.
Tuesday, Aug 4th at 4 PM – 5 PM EST
Come join the ESA Student Section for our annual mixer. The Student Section mixer is the perfect opportunity to network and build new friendships within the ESA student community. Additionally, you will get a chance to learn about the phenomenal work being done by fellow ecology students during the Trailblazing Awards presentation. Plus, this year we will have a VIRTUAL trivia session!! So join us!
ESA 2020 Annual Meeting Facebook Events
For more information on the Facebook events, please click here.
ESA Student Section Statement of Conduct
The ESA Student Section seeks to provide and maintain a safe and supportive environment throughout the annual meeting. The Student Section serves a diverse student community and strives to provide a tolerant atmosphere for everyone, thus, we expect all attendees to maintain this environment. Please express your thoughts and opinions in a way that is courteous and respectful to everyone. This includes, but is not limited to online chat rooms, breakout rooms, and all events throughout the meeting. Help us, make the ESA Virtual 2020 meeting, a great experience for everyone!