About the chapter
The Chapter has a two-fold vision: To promote, develop and coordinate regional-to continental-scale research and education activities, and to promote ESA’s relevancy to existing and emerging ecological issues in the Southwest, including Mexico.Read more
Ever wondered where Southwestern Chapter members are working? Want to increase the visibility of your research? We are making it easy for you to contribute your published works to JournalMap!Read more
Check out our ESA travel award and other opportunities! Also, read about the cool research that past travel award recipients have done.Read more
Southwestern Chapter Language Services & Inclusion Committee
Our goal is to encourage diversity of thought, and promote inclusion by eliminating language barriers that isolate collaboration with those that speak other languages. Opening up collaboration between different groups, not only allows us to communicate our results, but also promotes inclusion and diversity of thought in our research. We do this by translating research articles and opportunities for collaboration…
Willing to share a skill or need help with a skill?
Make new relationships with other ESA South West members and non-members through the sharing of skills! Scan the QR core or follow this link to sign up!
Visit our Booth in Montréal, Canada (August 14-17, 2022)
Visit our booth at the 2022 Annual Meeting in Montréal, Québec, Canada! We will be in Exhibit Hall room 220 on the 2nd floor of the convention center on: Sunday, August 14 from 6:30-8:00 and Monday, August 15 through Wednesday, August 17 from 9:30 – 6:30 Take this opportunity to meet some of our members and get some ESA South West chapter merch. We will have free stickers and t-shirts for $20….
- University of Vermont: Assistant Professor for Traditional Ecological Knowledge March 16, 2023
- UC Blue Ash College: Visiting Assistant Professor of Biology, UC Blue Ash College March 14, 2023
- Penn State Behrend: Visiting Assistant Teaching Professor of Biology March 11, 2023
- South Dakota School of Mines and Technology: Instructor, Lecturers of Atmospheric, Environmental Sciences Civil, Environmental Engineering March 10, 2023
- The Field Museum: Senior Director - Keller Science Action Center March 8, 2023
- The Nature Conservancy: Dangermond Preserve Restoration Associate March 6, 2023