Skip to main content

Licensing Overview

Authors must sign a licensing/transfer agreement before publication. The author identified as the Corresponding Author will be contacted by the publisher shortly after their receipt of the final files and instructed to log into Wiley Author Services to complete the appropriate licensing/transfer agreement.


As ESA’s fully open access journal, authors sign a Creative Commons license and retain copyright.

Ecology, Ecological Applications, Ecological Monographs, and Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment

Authors either transfer copyright with a Copyright Transfer Agreement (CTA) or grant Wiley an exclusive license to the copyright with an Exclusive License Agreement (ELA), or complete a Creative Commons license to retain copyright. Detailed information regarding licensing options is available from Wiley Author Services.