REEFS is excited to announce that it will be held during the 4DEE Extravaganza on July 20th, 2020 as a preview prior to the ESA Annual Meeting.
To join this completely free event, register here.
Resources for Ecology Education – Fair and Share (REEFS) is an annual workshop/special session held during ESA’s Annual Meeting. Since 2008, it has been organized jointly by ESA’s Office of Education and Diversity and the ESA Education Section.
There will be two round robin sessions in small groups to discuss teaching challenges and strategies on lesson ideas led by peers. Presenters are encouraged to consider how their activities address two or more dimensions of the 4DEE framework. Participants will be invited to suggest further enhancements in relation to 4DEE and ways they might incorporate these activities into their own classrooms.
All participants are highly encouraged to share teaching ideas in EcoEdDigital Library (EcoEdDL) or Teaching Issues and Experiments in Ecology (TIEE).
- Learn about what colleagues are doing to engage their undergraduate students using active learning methods.
- Improve undergraduate classroom activities using active learning methods via the exchange of constructive feedback
- Foster a network of support in advancing ecology education.
- Promote the ESA Four-Dimensional Ecology Education Framework
- Encourage digital publishing of teaching resources through ESA’s EcoEdDL and TIEE
- Promote the recommendations of the Vision and Change in Undergraduate Biology Education Call to Action.
For questions about the workshop, please contact:
Jennifer Doherty, Education Section Chair ude.wunull@2ytrehod.