A list of environmental biology Job sites are available here.
To propose additional sites to be added, please contact Teresa Mourad, email@example.com
Employment Projections and Career Information
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook The OOH is a source for career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
- BLS Green Career Information offers articles and other data on green careers (no longer updated but still contains useful info)
- National Association of Colleges and Employers. Job Outlook 2015.
- The Most Important skill for 21st-Century success ,July 2018.
Articles and Reports
- Network Planning: Where to StartFraming Paper: The State of Network EvaluationEvaluating Networks for Social Change: A CasebookNetwork Health Scorecard
About Workforce Strategy
- Alper, Joe, Rapporteur; National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine. 2016. Developing a National STEM Workforce Strategy: A Workshop Summary. National Academies Press. Washington DC.
- American Institute of Biological Sciences. 2016. Addressing Biological Informatics Workforce Needs: A Report from the 2015 AIBS Council of Member Societies and Organizations Meeting. Reston, VA.
- Goodstein, Eban. From College to Sustainability Career in Four Steps. Sustainability: The Journal of Record. February 2015, 8(1): 1-6. doi:10.1089/SUS.2015.0001
- Texas Geosciences. The Future of Undergraduate Geoscience Education.
A Geoscience Employers Workshop was held May 27-28 in Washington D.C. to get input on the developing community vision for the geosciences. The 46 participants included an even distribution of employers from the petroleum industries; hydrology, engineering and environmental consulting companies; and federal agencies that employ geoscientists, along with representatives from some of the geoscience professional societies.
- Society for the Study of Evolution. 2014 SSE Workshop on Diverse Careers
A workshop organized by SSE Diverse Careers Committee was held December 4-5, 2014 in Arlington, VA to frame the issues and provide a set of actions that can be taken by the SSE or by individual faculty aided by the society.