Travel Awards for High School and College Faculty
5th Life Discovery – Doing Science Biology Education Conference
To increase the diversity of participants and institutions, funds are available to support educator travel and conference registration to the 2019 Life Discovery – Doing Science Education conference (LDC) These travel awards are made possible through support from our exhibitors and sponsors.
The 2019 LDC presents a variety of programs, teaching resources and tools that will help educators build data-rich learning experiences, especially related to biodiversity for students from high school through college.
Who should apply?
Priority will be given to faculty from high schools, community colleges, primarily undergraduate institutions and minority-serving institutions (colleges and universities) as well as faculty from underrepresented minority backgrounds at any institution. Faculty must be teaching at a US based institution.
Application deadline: January 31, 2019
- A nation-wide community of peers focused on data rich biology classrooms.
- LDC offers keynotes, short presentations, workshops, and field trips at the leading edge of the life sciences focused on incorporating data into the classroom
- Unique to LDC: Facilitated networking opportunities and the Education Roundtable Share Fair
- The award will cover early bird conference registration, hotel, flight/mileage up to about $750.
- Conference Registration includes all meals from Friday breakfast through Saturday lunch (5 meals).
- Priority reservation at LDC conference hotel with free breakfast and WIFI included in the award.
- All awardees are expected to submit a proposal to present a teaching idea at the Education Share Fair Roundtable session by February 10. These may be ideas at any stage of development. This is an opportunity to receive constructive feedback from your peers in a friendly, professional and informal atmosphere.
Criteria for Selection
Priority consideration will be given to:
- Applicants from intended audiences
- Applicants without travel support from home institutions
- Applicants willing to submit a resource to the LifeDiscoveryEd Digital Library to disseminate effective teaching practices. For full information, please see: http://lifediscoveryed.org/
About the LDC Travel Awards and the application form, please contact Teresa Mourad, email@example.com
APPLY FOR LDC TRAVEL AWARDS