- Be fully immunized against COVID-19 at least 14 days before their arrival at the event. All attendees will be required to show documentation of vaccination during check-in at the conference.
- Unvaccinated individuals, those with suspected contact with a COVID-positive individual, or anyone experiencing COVID-like symptoms are asked to forgo attending the 2021 conference. For anyone who does not receive a vaccine for COVID-19 due to medical or religious reasons, an exemption form and a negative Covid test within 72-hours before the start of the conference will be required. Please notify ESA staff immediately if you require a vaccination exemption form by emailing email@example.com.
- LDC has updated our cancellation policy. If you need to cancel due to health-related risks, you will receive a full registration refund.
- Session rooms and field trips will be set to maximize physical distancing.
- Attendees will be asked to comply with social distancing, aisle directions, and capacity limits implemented during each session.
- Meal functions and special events will be modified to allow for the safe delivery and consumption of food and beverages. While all meals will be served in the dining room, there is a “to go” option so that you can eat your meals outside.
Please review the Covid-19 Protocols below for additional information about ESA’s protocols regarding attending the conference. ESA will work with the event venue managers to provide hand sanitizers and address any supplies needs to maintain a healthy and clean environment in event spaces.
Thank you for your kind cooperation so we can all have a positive and safe experience!
Below is the protocol for in-person events during the Covid19 Pandemic
- Does ESA still allow exemptions given the changed conditions with Delta variant? ESA will continue to allow exemptions from vaccinations for medical and religious reasons as required by law. Exemption requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week before the start of the conference.
- Do we require testing before arrival? Testing is only required for those who are unvaccinated. If participants are not vaccinated, ESA highly recommends that they do not attend the event. If they choose to do so, they will be required to show proof of negative test within 72 hours of the event and they will have to follow strict social distancing.
- Do vaccinated persons need to wear face masks? In compliance with federal and ESA guidelines and policies, properly worn face masks will be required by all participants and staff while participating in the conference. Failure to comply with the mask requirement could lead to being excluded from the conference without a refund.
- Do we require testing if someone has some potential symptoms of covid? Anyone who shows any symptom typical of covid-19 will need to be isolated and tested immediately.
- What is our policy on isolation if participants test positive? All those who test positive will be immediately isolated and required to report to local public health officials; make arrangements for medical attention or extended stay according to local public health regulations. Local agencies may provide housing arrangements for those who require a safe place to stay during isolation/quarantine. Please visit the Covid protocols for the YMCA of the Rockies and Larimer County for further information.
- Do we require testing/quarantine if participants are exposed to a participant who tested positive for covid? Following contact tracing, everyone in close contact with the participant who tested positive will also be required to follow local public health regulations for testing and quarantine as recommended. Those who are fully vaccinated may not be required to self-quarantine.
- What is staff responsibility for a participant who tested positive and is away from home? ESA staff responsibility is limited to ensuring that impacted participants receive the information so they can get tested, report to public health officials, and access local medical care providers. ESA cannot provide any medical advice.
- What is our policy on participant’s expenses for isolation/quarantine? All participants attend the event at their own risk. ESA and event organizers are not responsible for any costs incurred due to isolation or quarantine.
If you have any further questions or concerns about the upcoming LDC, please email email@example.com.