Simberloff Award for Outstanding Presentation
The Invasion Ecology Section, along with Biological Invasions and Springer International Publishers, is pleased to sponsor the annual Simberloff Award for Outstanding Presentation. This award’s name is in recognition of the contributions of Biological Invasion‘s Editor-in-Chief Daniel Simberloff to the study of nonnative species. The award will be given to two students at ESA’s annual meeting who embody Simberloff’s creativity, intelligence, and passion for studying and understanding the biology of nonnative organisms. The winner of each award will receive a $250 cash award. Entrants are judged on the rigor, creativity, importance, and quality of presentation of the research.
- The student entrant must be first author and presenter for a oral or poster presentation.
- “Student” is defined as undergraduate or graduate student who is currently enrolled in a degree program or who finished his/her degree within the last 12 months.
- The student must be an Invasion Ecology section member at the time of the presentation. Not a member of the Invasion Ecology section? No problem — it’s easy to join. Just go to the ESA membership site for more information.
- Past winners may not enter the same competition again. Students who received an honorable mention can compete again in the same competition.
To enter the competitions:
The 2019 Award cycle is now open.
To enter the competition, please send Lauren Smith-Ramesh (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information by June 1, 2019:
- Your name, current mailing address, email address, phone number, College/University association, and student status.
- Presentation title and complete list of authors.
- Presentation date and time.