- Encouragement of research regarding the ecology of parasites and pathogens
- Fostering interactions among ecologists with interests in host-parasite and disease ecology
- Facilitating collaborative links among members through symposia, organized oral sessions, special sessions, and social events
- Promoting the integration of host-parasite and disease ecology into the general study of ecology
- Cross-fostering studies on interactions between microbial, animal and plant hosts and interactions with their parasites
- Educating scientists and the general public regarding the pivotal role parasites and pathogens play in ecological systems.
The Section shall act as a liaison among investigators, practitioners, societies, and other groups interested in these subjects, including but not limited to the One Health Initiative, EcoHealth Alliance, and the American Society for Parasitologists.
Want to read our bylaws? Here you go!
Chair Meggan Craft
Vice Chair Clay Cressler
Webmaster Ana Bento
Secretary-Treasurer: Sarah Budischak
Student Liaison: Briana Betke
Elections for Secretary-Treasurer are ON!
We are holding our section’s annual election for a new secretary-treasurer for 2019-2020. We have two great candidates running for the position, Nina Wale and Alyssa Gehman. You can read more about them and vote at the following link:
DUTIES OF THE SECRETARY-TREASURER. The Secretary-Treasurer shall keep the records of the Section, including current membership and mailing lists. The Secretary-Treasurer shall attend the annual Section business meeting. The Secretary-Treasurer is responsible for corresponding with the Society Business Manager concerning expenditures made in connection with official Section Business. The Secretary-Treasurer may authorize expenditures subject to permission or approval by the Chairperson.