We are super excited for #ESA2018 in New Orleans. We have been working hard to plan a useful and fun collection of communication and engagement events, and we want to connect with you if you will be in New Orleans.
Here are some possibilities for connecting and engaging with the section throughout the conference.
- C&E Section booth: Please come and say hello at the C&E Booth G in the Exhibit Hall during Monday-Thursday poster sessions between 4:30-6:30. On Monday and Thursday we will host #SketchYourScience and on Tuesday and Wednesday we will have special guests @PlantLoveStory collecting – you guessed it – your Plant Love Story!
- Joint mixer: You can also connect with us at our joint mixer co-hosted with the Union of Concerned Scientists and the ESA Policy Section on Monday from 6:30-8:00 at The Courtyard Brewery.
- Social media: Throughout the conference and beyond, you can engage with us on Twitter using hashtags #ESASciComm and #EngageESA. Connect with us on Facebook via our open group.
- 39+ C&E sessions & events: There are loads of communication- and engagement-related events this year, hosted by C&E officers, C&E members, and lots of other folks. Click here for a list.
Meanwhile, click here to read our full “annual meeting prep” edition of the Section newsletter. It contains:
- Our newest #MySciComm story by Becky Barak: How teaching high school and loving plants led to a research career.
- Our latest SciComm Lit Review: Josh Silberg’s take on If I understood you would I have this look on my face?: My adventures in the art and science of relating and communicating by Alan Alda.
- Tips and resources about giving a more compelling and accessible presentation.
- The ESA annual meeting social media policy, along with presentation icons you can use to opt out of live tweeting, etc.