Symposium for the Conservation of Freshwater Fish and Habitat Rehabilitation
Following the initial invitation, the Organizing Committee of this scientific meeting hosted by the University of Évora in Portugal from 27 to 29 September 2018, and held in the scope of the European Life project focusing on the “Conservation of Saramugo, Anaecypris hispanica, in the Guadiana river basin (Portugal)” (LIFE13 NAT/PT/000786), intends to provide updated information on the Symposium programme and introduce the invited keynote speakers:
- Emili Garcia-Berthou | Institute of Aquatic Ecology, University of Girona, Spain
- Rui Cortes | University of Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro, Portugal
- Jörg Freyhof | Leibniz Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries, Germany
- Carla Pinto Cruz | Department of Biology, University of Évora
The Symposium will include four sessions with plenary presentations from keynote speakers, followed by regular oral and poster presentations. Please find attached more information on the programme. A provisional time schedule will be available soon.
Contributions are accepted on the following topics:
- Threats to native freshwater fish and future management options/solutions
- Impacts of climate change on freshwater ecosystems and mitigation measures
- Freshwater habitats conservation and rehabilitation
- Future challenges for the conservation of endangered freshwater fish species and riverine ecosystems
- Cross meeting LIFE projects
Registration is free.
The closing date for registration is June 15, 2018
For further details please visit the Symposium website at http://www.lifesaramugo.lpn.pt/en/symposium. For any additional information, please contact us through the email tp.aroveunull@8102ogumarasefil