AMS 2017 Annual Meeting
The American Meteorological Society’s 2017 Annual Meeting will be held 22–26 January 2017 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington.
The theme for the 2017 AMS Annual Meeting is “Observations Lead the Way.” The meeting will feature numerous town hall meetings and side panel discussions along with daily weather briefings that will be held during the lunch break each day beginning on Monday, 23 January, and will be hosted by both the local National Weather Service Forecast Office and the University of Washington. The AMS Annual Meeting is host to the largest exhibit program anywhere in the atmospheric, oceanic, and related sciences. Exhibitors come from all over the United States and abroad, with over 100 organizations showcasing a wide range of products, publications, and services. The show provides organizations with a forum to make major announcements and roll out new products. Demonstrations of new and innovative equipment are given daily. The exhibit schedule is designed to both encourage social interaction and provide an opportunity to look at future trends in equipment, systems, and software.
The Annual Meeting will be preceded by eight short courses, the 16th Annual WeatherFest, a briefing for first-time attendees to the meeting, the 97th Annual Review, New Fellows and Featured Awards, and a Welcome Reception.
The AMS Annual Meeting is cosponsored by the following organizations
- American Geophysical Union (AGU);
- American Geosciences Institute (AGI);
- American Inst. of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA);
- American Society of Agronomy (ASA) (Also Crop Science Society of America, and Soil Science Society of America);
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE);
- American Water Resources Association (AWRA);
- Atmospheric Science Librarians International (ASLI);
- Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (AMOS);
- Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (CMOS);
- Chinese Meteorological Society (CMS);
- European Meteorological Society (EMS);
- Indian Meteorological Society (IMS);
- International Association of Broadcast Meteorology;
- Natural Hazard Mitigation Association;
- The Oceanography Society;
- The Water Environment Federation (WEF)
Members of these organizations are offered a special co-sponsorship registration rate. For additional information please contact the Annual Meeting Web site at http://annual.ametsoc.org/2017.