These ESA committees are formed under the auspices of the Society’s bylaws to perform certain areas of work critical to ESA’s function and purpose.
Board committees help the Governing Board provide leadership and oversight.
- Audit Committee
- Executive Review Committee
- Finance Committee
- Governance & Leadership Committee*
- Diversity Committee *
- Nominations Committee*
- Tellers Committee*
* Includes non-Governing Board members
Program committees help the Governing Board and ESA staff carry out the Society’s strategic plan and programs.
- Awards Committee
- Education Committee
- Meetings Committee
- Publications Committee
- Public Affairs Committee
- Emerging Ecological Issues Committee
Administrative committees help management implement specific programs and services.
- Board of Professional Certification*
- Historical Records Committee
- Professional Ethics Committee
- Vegetation Classification Panel*
*Different procedures for selecting chairs and members
Other ad hoc committees and task forces are formed as deemed necessary by the Governing Board to explore unique issues and opportunities, and to propose solutions.