2022 ESA Candidate Information Form
The submission deadline is June 30, 2022, at 5:00 PM EDT.
Thank you for being willing to serve ESA and for your commitment to the continued growth and development of the Society. Please use this form to provide the information that is needed for the official ballot and to promote the election among ESA’s members. For guidance, please see the full position descriptions listed here and summarized below.
2022 ESA Election Candidate Information Form
Please direct additional questions to ESA Secretary Jessica Gurevitch and Director of Membership and Communication Jonathan Miller.
The President-elect will:
- Assume duties of the President if President is not able to do so
- Chair the Governing Board if President is not able to do so
- Serve on the Finance Committee, Nominations Committee and possibly the Governance and Leadership Committee
The Vice President for Finance, in collaboration with the executive director and chief financial officer, will:
- Develop fiscal and investment policy
- Review annual budget
- Conduct long-term fiscal planning
- Oversee business, finances, and management of Society
- Chair the Finance Committee
Members of the Governing Board will:
- Follow the individual responsibilities of all Board members
- Set direction for the Society
- Ensure adequate resources
- Provide oversight
Members of the Board of Professional Certification will:
- Provide guidance and oversight to the Society’s certification program
- Establish procedures for critical review of requirements for certification and content providers seeking program approval
- As necessary, protect the ethical and professional integrity of the program by censuring, suspending or revoking certifications