ESA Annual Meeting Diversity and Inclusion Scholars
We are pleased to announce the Awardees for the ESA Annual Meeting Diversity and Inclusion Scholarship
This scholarship was created to support speakers who bring diverse perspectives to the ESA annual meeting at the interface of science, education, communication, policy and community. They are offered to those who new to ESA and will conduct workshops, trainings, or deliver talks at sessions and who may not have been able to attend the meeting at all otherwise. Please welcome our scholars into ESA. We will post links to their talks as soon as we have them.
- Raquel Juarez– Youth Organizer/Artist, Fridays for Future Utah
- Bekee Hotze– District Ranger, US Forest Service
- Ari Grace– Youth Organizer and Social Media Manager, Fridays for Future Utah
- Karla Moeller– Executive Educational Outreach Coordinator, Office of the University Provost at Arizona State University
- Felipe Cabello– Professor Emeritus, New York Medical College
- Kim Yeowon– Postdoctoral Fellow, Arizona State University
- Robin Clark– Environmental Director, Inter-Tribal Council of Michigan
- James Rattling Leaf– Research Associate, CIRES, University of Colorado Boulder
- Iza Schwartz– Educator, HawkWatch International
- Toby Adjuik– Graduate Student, Ohio University
- Mayra Rodríguez González– PhD Candidate, Purdue University
- Jessica Abbate– Postdoctoral Researcher, Institut de Recherche pour le Development, Montpellier, France
- Kaoma Brighton– CEO of ZeeRides Bike Sharing in Zambia, Country Manager for Children’s Radio Foundation of South Africa, and consultant for Malmo City Council Environmental Department of Sweden.
- April Harris– Land Management Supervisor, Natural Areas Division/Jefferson Memorial Forest, Louisville Metro Parks & Recreation
- Shanna Williamson– NOAA Digital Coast Fellow, National Association of Counties
Congratulations to everyone and thank you for all that you do for the ecology community!