SEEDS is an education program of the Ecological Society of America. Its mission is to diversify and advance the profession of ecology through opportunities that stimulate and nurture the interest of underrepresented students. Focused at the undergraduate level, opportunities sponsored by the program include student field trips, undergraduate research fellowships, ESA Annual Meeting travel awards, and campus ecology chapters.
To learn more about the program, check out: http://www.esa.org/seeds/
SEEDS News and Announcements
- SACNAS Travel Award: SACNAS is accepting applications for travel awards to their 2008 conference in Salt Lake City, Utah. Applications are due on May 1, 2008. More info: www.sacnas.org/travel_scholarship.
- Umpqua National Forest, Oregon: Summer opportunity involving invasive plant control, inventory and mapping. Contact Jenny Moore firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- The Brower Youth Award: This award honors six 13-22 yr old individuals committed to environmental change with a $3000 cash award and a weeklong trip to the San Francisco Bay Area. Applications are due May 15th. More info: www.broweryouthawards.org.
- Job Opportunities at ESA: The Education and Diversity Programs Office at ESA is looking for a new Diversity Programs Assistant, Education Intern and Digital Education Intern. More info: http://esa.org/careers_certification/jobLists/php.
- Turtle Camp: A summer opportunity to monitor, mark and trap turtles in Thomson, Illinois. Space available for two undergraduates and expenses are covered. More information: www.public.iastate.edu/~fjanzen.