The Physiological Ecology Section offers five travel grants for students presenting papers or posters in the field of physiological ecology at the 2011 ESA Annual Meeting. The winner of each grant will receive $500 to help support attending the meeting. Applications for 2011 awards will be accepted until June 1, 2011. The grants are made possible by a generous donation from an anonymous donor.
- "Student" is defined as undergraduate or graduate student who is currently enrolled in a degree program or who finished his/her degree within the last 12 months.
- The student must be a Physiological Ecology section member at the time of the presentation. To join, go to http://eservices.esa.org/services/scriptcontent/index.cfm. On the application form scroll down to "Section & Chapter Affiliation" and select "Physiological Ecology Section". Annual membership dues are $5. You can join us at any time, but you must be a member of ESA.
- Award recipients must also enter either the Billings or New Phytologist poster award competitions. Information about these competitions can be found here; for an overview, see “Awards” on the Physiological Ecology Section webpage http://www.biology.duke.edu/jackson/ecophys
Please send Jennifer Funk (jlfunk(at)chapman.edu) the following information:
- The student’s current contact information and anticipated date of degree
- The title and abstract of talk or poster
- A short statement explaining why the student wants to attend this ESA meeting (300 word max)
- A short letter in support of the student from an advisor (sent separately from above materials)
Click here to download the printer-friendly version of this information.