E. C. Pielou Award
The E.C. Pielou Award is a competitive award made annually to a graduate student or recent Ph.D. graduate based on overall quality of the student’s scientific contribution to statistical ecology, as evidenced by his or her oral presentation at the Annual Meeting.
1. To be eligible, you must be currently enrolled as a graduate student, or have received your degree within a calendar year of the ESA meeting, and be a member of the Statistical Ecology section of the ESA.
2. The paper must include novel statistical research such as the development of new statistical methods or innovative application of an existing statistical method to an ecological question.
3. The student must apply for Section’s award by sending an email with the subject line “Pielou Award” to the Section Chair, by July 16. Include your name, address, phone number, electronic mail address, and a copy of the abstract in the body of your e-mail.
4. The officers of the Statistical Ecology Section will assemble the awards committee.
5. The winner will receive a copy of a book by Pielou (winner’s choice) and a cash prize of $200.