Portland is a laid-back and friendly city in the Pacific Northwest with a reputation for great scenery, a good standard of living, and fine micro-breweries. The city is bike- and pedestrian-friendly, and visitors won't want to miss the famous Japanese Garden, one of the largest and most beautiful displays of its kind outside of Japan. Gardening enthusiasts will also want to see the International Rose Test Garden and Washington Park, while other attractions include a wealth of museums and of course, the great outdoors.
- Population: 799,183 (estimated in 2007)
- Area Code: 503, 971, 541
- Tax: 15% - 15.5% on hotel rooms (based on hotel location), NO SALES TAX ON PURCHASES
- Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (PST), which is -8 hours GMT
Daylight Saving Time applies between the second Sunday in March and the first Sunday in November, during which time its time offset is -7 hours GMT
- Credit Cards and Charge Cards are widely accepted. ATM machines can be found in many major downtown department stores, hotels, and the Oregon Convention Center
- A great way to plan your trip to find out information about the neighborhoods, attractions, and restaurants visit Travel Portland http://www.travelportland.com/