Awards > SERDP Student Travel Awards 2008
The Ecological Society of America (ESA) announces the availability of ten (10) travel awards of $500 each to students presenting papers at ESA’s 2008 Annual Meeting in Milwaukee, WI. These awards are sponsored by the Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program (SERDP). SERDP is the U.S. Department of Defense’s corporate environmental research and development (R&D) program, planned and executed in full partnership with the U.S. Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency.
Students with abstracts accepted in one of three areas are eligible to apply:
- ecosystem management,
- invasive species,
- or threatened and endangered species.
To apply, please submit:
- complete contact information,
- your accepted abstract,
- a letter of recommendation from your advisor,
- a brief statement (maximum 200 words) responding to the question "How will your research contribute to management of natural resources on federal lands?"
- and proof of student status to:
Dr. Scott Roberts, ESA Applied Ecology Section Vice Chair at sroberts@CFR.MsState.Edu by June 27, 2008.
Please place as much of your application as possible directly in the text of an email message, minimizing attachments. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Winners will be notified by the end of July. Awards will be presented in person at the SERDP booth in Milwaukee at a time to be announced.