Guidelines for All Oral Presentations
- Speakers for contributed oral presentations are allowed 15 minutes for presentations, with an additional 5 minutes for questions, discussion, and introduction of the next speaker.
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 are the only acceptable audiovisual formats for electronic presentation for oral papers.
- Each meeting room will be equipped with a dedicated LCD projector and PC laptop configured with DVD/CDRW combo roms, 3 USB ports and will be running Windows XP Pro with MS Office XP Suite and Adobe Acrobat 6.0. It is your responsibility to make sure that your presentation will run under this system. Newer versions of PowerPoint files may not work – save your files in a format compatible with MS Office 2000 for Windows 2000, or with Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 or 9!
- Corel presentations are NOT supported. Embedded animation or graphics are NOT supported. MAC format is NOT supported. However, if you bring your own VGA dongle, you may connect your MAC to the LCD projector. ESA will not provide these adapters.
- Please do NOT bring your own laptop for your presentation.
- All presenters will be expected to contact their session presider or projectionist at least 20 minutes in advance of the start of their session to pre-load their presentations onto the dedicated laptop.
- Acceptable media: CDs, Flash drives. You will need to ensure that these are compatible with our laptops – which will have CD readers and USB 2 ports.
Guidelines for All Poster Presentations
- Poster boards are approximately 2.4 m wide x 1.2 m tall (8 x 4 feet) and there will be 1 poster per poster board. A poster does not have to take up the maximum amount of space provided. Since these dimensions are not precise, presenters should design posters to be at least 5 cm (2 inches) smaller on each margin. Pushpins will be supplied, and are the only method for attaching the poster to the board.
- Poster set up and take down: Authors should set up their poster between 7-8 am the morning of their presentation. Posters must be taken down immediately after the poster session, between 6:30-7 pm Monday through Thursday and between 11:30 am -12 pm Friday. Posters not removed in the evening after the poster session will be discarded. Authors should attach their posters with push pins; ESA will provide some push pins but authors should bring their own, if possible.
- Poster Pubs: Posters are displayed for a full day, and interested persons can view the poster even when the author is not in attendance. Informal evening Poster Pubs provide an opportunity for discussion in a relaxed setting. Authors are required to be present for this scheduled 1½ hour period the day the poster is being displayed.
- Poster presenters may not use audio-visual equipment but are welcome to bring along handouts associated with their presentation.