A consortium of four scientific societies with a collective membership of nearly 20,000 have banded together to organize this inaugural conference that will highlight the leading science, data exploration, curriculum design and implementation in a research-rich education for grades K-16.
- Ecological Society of America (ESA),
- Botanical Society of America (BSA),
- Society for the Study of Evolution (SSE),
- Society for Economic Botany (SEB).
This consortium will jointly manage the LifeDiscoveryEd Digital Library and serve as curators of Society-specific collections within the digital library.
The vision and organization of this event would not be possible without the effort and determination of this group of individuals.
- Tom Meagher, Professor, Biology, University of St. Andrews, Scotland
- Sunshine L. Brosi, Assistant Professor, Frostburg State University, MD
- Jeffrey R. Corney, ESA Education Section chair, Managing Director, Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, University of Minnesota, MN
- Louise Mead, Director of Education, BEACON, Michigan State University, MI
- Kristin Jenkins, Education and Outreach Program Specialist, NESCent, NC
- DC Randle, Biology Teacher, St. Francis High School, MN
- Jennifer Rhode Ward, ESA Education Scholar, Assistant Professor of Biology, University of North Carolina at Asheville, NC
- Teresa Mourad, Director of Education and Diversity Programs, Ecological Society of America
- Andrea McMillen, Education Programs Coordinator, Ecological Society of America
- Kristin Haas, Education Intern, Ecological Society of America
- Yoomee Kim, Education Intern, Ecological Society of America
Organizations who promote the conference to their professional networks
The list of Conference Collaborators can be found here