A consortium of four scientific societies with a collective membership of nearly 20,000 have banded together to organize this inaugural conference that will highlight the leading science, data exploration, curriculum design and implementation in a research-rich education for grades K-16.
- Ecological Society of America (ESA),
- Botanical Society of America (BSA),
- Society for the Study of Evolution (SSE),
- Society for Economic Botany (SEB).
This consortium jointly manages the LifeDiscoveryEd Digital Library and serve as curators of Society-specific collections within the digital library.
Local Conference Partner
- Animal Behavior Society (ABS)
- American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS)
- Center for Excellence in Education (CEE)
- Community College Undergraduate Research Initiative (CCURI)
- Disciplinary Associations Network for Sustainability (DANS)
- Ecological Research as Education Network (EREN)
- The GLOBE program
- National Association of Biology Teachers (NABT)
- National Education Association (NEA)
- The Nature Conservancy’s LEAF program
- Project Kaleidoscope at AAC&U
- US Partnership for Education for Sustainable Development (USPESD)
Members of the Planning Committee are leaders from each of the partner societies.
- Jeffrey R. Corney, Ph.D., 2014 Conference Program Chair, Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, University of Minnesota, MN
- Joshua Mackie, Ph.D. 2014 Local Conference Chair, San José State University
- Rob Pennock, Ph.D. Michigan State University
- Sandy Davis, Ph.D. University of Indianapolis
- Teresa Mourad, Director of Education and Diversity Programs, Ecological Society of America
Interns / Conference program assistants at ESA
Xue Dong, Fall 2014
Léa Dolimier, Summer 2014
Colin Walker, Spring 2014
Keegan McCrady, Fall 2013
If you have any questions about the conference please contact ESA staff:
- Tel: (202) 833-8773
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org