A consortium of four scientific societies with a collective membership of nearly 20,000 have banded together to organize this inaugural conference that will highlight the leading science, data exploration, curriculum design and implementation in a research-rich education for grades K-16.
- Ecological Society of America (ESA),
- Botanical Society of America (BSA),
- Society for the Study of Evolution (SSE),
- Society for Economic Botany (SEB).
This consortium jointly manages the LifeDiscoveryEd Digital Library and serve as curators of Society-specific collections within the digital library.
Local Conference Partner
- Animal Behavior Society (ABS)
- American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS)
- Center for Excellence in Education (CEE)
- Community College Undergraduate Research Initiative (CCURI)
- Disciplinary Associations Network for Sustainability (DANS)
- Ecological Research as Education Network (EREN)
- The GLOBE program
- National Association of Biology Teachers (NABT)
- National Education Association (NEA)
- The Nature Conservancy’s LEAF program
- Project Kaleidoscope at AAC&U
- US Partnership for Education for Sustainable Development (USPESD)
Members of the Planning Committee are leaders from each of the partner societies.
- Jeffrey R. Corney, Ph.D., 2014 Conference Program Chair, Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, University of Minnesota, MN
- Joshua Mackie, Ph.D. 2014 Local Conference Chair, San José State University
- Rob Pennock, Ph.D. Michigan State University
- Sandy Davis, Ph.D. University of Indianapolis
- Teresa Mourad, Director of Education and Diversity Programs, Ecological Society of America
Interns / Conference program assistants at ESA
Colin Walker, Spring 2014
Keegan McCrady, Fall 2013
If you have any questions about the conference please contact ESA staff:
- Tel: (202) 833-8773
- Email: email@example.com