The Ecological Society of America is the country's primary professional organization of ecologists, representing 10,000 scientists in the United States and around the world.
Since its founding in 1915, ESA has diligently pursued the promotion of the responsible application of ecological principles to the solution of environmental problems through ESA reports, journals, research, and expert testimony to Congress.
Membership Benefits include:
- Networking opportunities and contacts with 10,000 professional ecologists worldwide through the online ESA Membership Directory, Section and Chapter activities, and through the Annual Meeting and other conferences.
- Complimentary print and online subscription to Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, a world-class journal of interdisciplinary science for scientists, researchers, resource managers, policy-makers and educators.
- Substantial cost savings on registration for the Ecological Society of America's Annual Meeting that draws more than 3,000 professional ecologists from around the world.
- Member-only subscriptions to the Society's well respected and highly cited scientific journals – Ecology, Ecological Applications, and Ecological Monographs – which provide the latest peer-reviewed research worldwide.
- Significantly lower application fees for those applying for ESA professional certification.
- Member-only subscription to the ESA JSTOR Electronic Archive, which includes back issues of all ESA titles published prior to 1997, plus back issues of British Ecological Society journals.
- Representation in the policy arena: ESA ensures that ecological science informs national policy decisions and works to garner federal support for ecological research. ESA also works with national and international media to convey ecological research results to the general public.
- Opportunity to join any of the Society’s six regional chapters or twenty-five subject-based sections.
- Discounted subscription rates to Journal of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Education, published by the American Society of Agronomy. (Contact Rebecca Polk at email@example.com to subscribe.)
- ESA Members can receive a special $5.00 discount on subscriptions to Solutions, a nonprofit online and print publication. Go to www.thesolutionsjournal.com/subscribe and enter the code ESA2010 at checkout.
For instructions on how to join ESA or renew your membership, visit Join/Renew.