ESA and IPBES are no longer accepting nominations for this call.
Established in 2012, the Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES), is a global program intended to strengthen the role of science in decision-making related to the conservation and sustainable management of biodiversity and ecosystem services.
IPBES is currently soliciting nominations from a broad community of natural and social scientists for the following expert group:
- Expert group to scope a set of regional and sub-regional assessments. This scoping group will identify options regarding the regional and sub-regional structure for possible future assessments as well as topics, priorities, and existing initiatives to be considered in these assessments. IPBES has tentatively scheduled the scoping meeting for August 17-23 in Nairobi.
The Ecological Society of America (ESA) will nominate potential experts who meet the following criteria:
- 3 years of experience in related issues
- Products or publications relevant to the deliverable
- Ability to support their travel to meetings
- Ability to participate in person at the meeting for the expert group specified in the IPBES call
- Please fill out an Application form and attach your curriculum vitae through the dedicated web portal. IPBES also requests that you submit a scanned copy of your passport to facilitate travel arrangements when making your application, but this is not required.
- In Section B of the form, for Type of nominating body, check “Organisation.”
- For Position of contact person, write “Director of Science Programs, Ecological Society of America”.
- For Full Name (nominator), write “Dr. Clifford Duke”.
- For E-mail (nominator), write firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Phone Number (nominator), write “202-833-8773”.
- In Section C.5 of the form, Supporting Statement, please also confirm that you have travel support and can attend meetings in Nairobi on 17-23 August 2014 (regional assessment) or the week of 8 September 2014 (land degradation assessment, location to be determined.)
The Application Form will automatically be sent to ESA so that we can approve and submit your nomination. ESA will review your information will let you know if we choose to nominate you. IPBES also will send you an acknowledgement message after we submit the form confirming your nomination.
In order for ESA to review your qualifications we need your information no later than Friday, June 13, 2014. We will not be able to review nominations received after that date. Early nominations are strongly encouraged. We recognize that this is a very challenging schedule, but believe engagement in IPBES is important and hope that you will volunteer for one or more of these expert groups.
If you have any questions, please email them to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest and support of this important international effort.