International Symposium of the German Priority Programme Biogeochemical Interfaces in Soil on: "Biogeochemical Interfaces in Soil - Towards a Comprehensive and Mechanistic Understanding of Soil Functions"
October 6 to October 8, 2014 in Leipzig, Germany.
The symposium aims at annealing different approaches and concepts developed in soil physicochemistry, soil hydrology, and soil ecology to identify factors controlling the architecture of biogeochemical interfaces in soil, to link processes operative at the molecular- and the organism-scale to the phenomena active at the aggregate-scale in a mechanistic way, and to explain the medium- to long-term behaviour of solutes and colloids in soil within a general mechanistic framework.
The meeting will be enlighten by 12 excellent Keynote Speakers:
- Thilo Eickhorst (University of Bremen/Germany)
- Martin H. Gerzabek (BOKU Vienna/Austria)
- George A. Kowalchuk (Netherlands Institute of Ecology, Wageningen/The Netherlands)
- Ingrid Kögel-Knabner (Technische Universität München/Germany)
- Henry Lin (Pennsylvania State University/USA)
- Dani Or (ETH Zürich/Switzerland)
- James Prosser (University of Aberdeen/UK)
- Kornelia Smalla (Julius Kühn-Institute, Braunschweig/Germany)
- Barth F. Smets (Technical University of Denmark, Copenhagen/Denmark)
- Kai U. Totsche (Friedrich Schiller University of Jena/Germany)
- Hans-Jörg Vogel (UFZ Halle/Germany)
- Iain Young (University of New England/Australia)
Some detailed information regarding the meeting:
- Online & early registration start: April 7
- Abstract submission ends: July 7
- Early registration ends: July 28
- Regular registration ends: September 26
- Early registration: Regular fee: 200 euro, Student fee: 110 euro
- Late registration: Regular fee: 230 euto, Student fee: 140 euro.