Call for Nominations
The Awards Committee of the Ecological Society of America solicits and encourages nominations from members of the ESA for Fellows and Early Career Fellows of ESA. ESA especially encourages nominations of candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups, including women and minorities. In preparing a nomination, feel free to consult with the chair of the Fellow Selection Committee, Deborah Goldberg (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) More information about the process is available on ESA’s web site.
ESA Fellows Program
ESA designates as Fellows of the Society certain members who have made outstanding contributions to a wide range of fields served by ESA. Such contributions include, but are not restricted to, those that advance or apply ecological knowledge in academics, government, nonprofit organizations, and the private sector.
- Any current regular member of ESA who has been a regular member of ESA for at least five years (not necessarily consecutive) is eligible to be nominated to be an ESA Fellow. For these purposes, a regular member is defined as a nonstudent, dues-paying member.
- A nominee is expected to have been a member of the profession for at least 15 years. In most cases, this will be interpreted to mean 15 years from Ph.D.
- Demonstrated excellence of contributions to one or several of the following areas: (1) research and discovery, (2) communication and outreach, education, and pedagogy, (3) application of ecology to management and policy.
The nomination of an individual to be an ESA Fellow must be made by three members of ESA excluding members of the Fellows Selection Committee.
Nominations should consist of a SINGLE PDF file and shall be submitted electronically by 15 December 2015 to email@example.com and consist of:
- A curriculum vitae of at most four pages. It is suggested that the vita include evidence of outstanding contributions as outlined under the eligibility criteria.
- One to three letters of recommendation, which may come from anyone, including the three nominators or nonmembers.
- A citation of at most 50 words proposed for use if the nominee is selected to be a Fellow.
- No ESA member can nominate more than two individuals in a given year.