THE PRINCE BERNHARD CHAIR FOR INTERNATIONAL NATURE CONSERVATION & UTRECHT UNIVERSITY, THE NETHERLANDS
Are looking for a Chair holder of The Prince Bernhard Chair (0,1 fte)
The “Stichting Leerstoel Prins Bernhard” and Utrecht University are seeking highly-esteemed candidates to fill the position of chair holder of The Prince Bernhard Chair for International Nature Conservation for a five-year period, starting January 1st, 2015.
The Chair aims to improve the scientific basis for conservation practice and strengthen the link between conservation science and practice. The Chair does this by driving science-based international efforts in the conservation of ecosystem services in a changing world, thereby raising awareness of pressing conservation issues, and by training Dutch and foreign students in nature conservation research.
The Prince Bernhard Chair holder is expected to play an international leading role in integrated research on topics related to international nature conservation and to play an important part in the Utrecht University teaching and research program (BSc, MSc, PhD) related to these topics.
Profile for a candidate
The commission proposes the following criteria and qualities of the successful candidate:
• A senior professional on international nature conservation and preservation of associated ecosystem services
• Holding a PhD and having an excellent scientific publication record, a.o. on nature conservation or sustainable use of natural resources;
• A research background in natural sciences, related to relevant research at the Faculty of Science of Utrecht University (particularly Institute of Environmental Biology and Copernicus Institute);
• Strong network in international nature conservation organizations and substantial knowledge on current issues in this field;
• An experienced and stimulating teacher and research supervisor.
• Open to collaboration with Utrecht University staff and partner organizations
• Where appropriate, priority may be given to highly qualified female candidates, and excellent female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
For a more detailed job description and online application forms, please visit www.uu.nl/vacancies.
Application deadline: August 31st, 2014