FIELD STUDY OF SOILS WITH FOCUS IN URBAN LANDSCAPES
DEPARTMENT OF SOIL, WATER, & CLIMATE
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA
The Department of Soil, Water, and Climate at the University of Minnesota seeks a dynamic and innovative teacher in the area of soil and environmental science with a research focus on field-scale soil science research in urban landscapes. This is a nine-month (B-term) tenure-track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor with duties divided between Teaching (60%) and Research (40%). The position is in the Department of Soil, Water and Climate, on the flagship Twin Cities campus of the University of Minnesota. Full position description can be found on the departmental website at:
• A Ph.D. in soil science, environmental science, or closely related discipline by date of appointment,
• Clear potential for instructional excellence and demonstrated teaching experience and effectiveness,
• A strong record of/potential for publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals,
• Clear potential or demonstrated success in securing extramural research funding, and
• Demonstrated excellence in written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in interdisciplinary teams,
• Demonstrated excellence and effectiveness in college level teaching,
• Experience and familiarity with experiential and distance learning techniques,
• Demonstrated creativity, innovation, and rigor in soil science research,
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity, and
• Demonstrated excellence in oral communication and presentation skills.
Application Process: Apply online via the Employment System at http://employment.umn.edu. The system requisition number for this position is 188110. The quick link to apply for this position is located at: https://employment.umn.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jspApplications must include a cover letter, curriculum vitae with list of publications, statements of research and teaching interests, and names and contact information for at least three referees. Review of applications will begin 6 January, 2014 and continue until the position is filled. Direct inquiries to:
Dr. Ed Nater, Search Committee Chair
Department of Soil, Water, and Climate
University of Minnesota
439 Borlaug Hall, 1991 Upper Buford Circle
St. Paul, MN 55108
ph: (612) 625-9734
FAX: (612) 625-2208
The University of Minnesota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.