Department of Biological Sciences
Faculty of Arts and Science
Assistant Professor of Numerical Ecology
The Department of Biological Sciences is seeking applications for a full-time tenure-track position as Assistant Professor of Numerical Ecology.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach at all three levels of the curriculum, supervise graduate students, engage in ongoing research and publication, and contribute to the academic life and reputation of the University.
The candidate will develop an innovative research program on the development of new numerical approaches applied to ecological studies. The candidate will preferably be an ecologist specialized in the development of statistical methods for data analysis, possibly including spatial analysis.
• Ph.D. in numerical, statistical or quantitative ecology, or in a related field.
• Postdoctoral experience is an asset.
• Strong publication record in international journals with high visibility.
• Interest in interdisciplinary research and openness to collaboration with members of the Department of Biology and other departments in the University.
• Excellent aptitude for teaching in higher education and incorporating new technologies.
• Proficiency in the French language
On or after June 1st, 2014
The complete application, including cover letter, curriculum vitae, a description of the research program a research program (2 pages max.), copies of 3 recent publications, and a statement of teaching philosophy must be received at the address below by November 15th, 2013.
Three letters of recommendation are also to be sent directly to the selection committee at the following address:
Search Committee/Numerical ecology
c/o Martine Girard
Département de sciences biologiques
Université de Montréal
C. P. 6128, succursale Centre-ville
Montréal (Québec) H3C 3J7
Courriel : firstname.lastname@example.org
Téléphone : 514-343-6878