ESA Job Board » View Position
Wildlife Conservation Society
Nanaimo, British Columbia or Negotiable
November 15, 2012 to November 15, 2013, potential extension contingent on funding.
- Provide epidemiological support to field staff in Latin America and Southeast Asia in study design, data collection, data management, data analysis and interpretation;
- Monitor digital and field surveillance data for emerging disease events. When an event occurs, provide analytical support to the relevant country coordinator(s) in their response; Conduct data analysis, interpretation and produce high quality scientific manuscripts;
- Participate in scientific and public speaking, public relations work, and fund raising activities as required;
- Potential travel to consult with field staff in Southeast Asia and Latin America, participate in field activities, participate in logistic and scientific meetings.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in biology, ecology, epidemiology, veterinary medicine, or related-life science (required);
- Previous post-doctoral experience in the field of wildlife disease ecology (preferred).
- Significant experience conducting independent, applied scientific research on infectious diseases in wildlife populations (preferred);
- A demonstrated understanding of the principles of biostatistics, epidemiology, and/or mathematical modelling/population simulation (preferred);
- A significant or promising publication track record (preferred); Spanish language capabilities (preferred);
- Eligible for an NSERC R&D Fellowship (preferred);
- A demonstrated commitment to wildlife conservation (preferred).
For full details on: principal responsibilities, position details, required education, experience and respondent contact information please visit http://wcscanada.org/AboutUs/EmploymentOpportunities.aspx.